• To practice tuning, play your scales with a drone and compare each note to the drone so your pitch stays centered in the key.
• String players: check your pitches against open strings when you practice scales to make sure that your intervals are correct.
• Practice sight-reading every day with a metronome
• Practice sight-reading in duets, which will keep you from stopping to fix errors, and will also make this practice less of a chore and more of a fun activity with friends.
Dealing with Mistakes:
• If you hit a wrong note, think of it as a “different note,” and continue to perform with musical commitment – then it won’t injure your performance as much.
Dealing with Nerves:
• Envision very specific goals and mentally walk yourself through the entire audition.
• Devise mental, physical, and musical goals to define your own success.
• Keep your feet grounded on the floor, and use your nervous energy to propel you towards a great performance.
• Get a sense of where you are in the room and strive to fill the entire room with your forte sound.
• Make sure that you are neatly dressed, which will communicate respect for the judges and seriousness about the task at hand. Wear something that your grandparents would approve of.
• Girls – stay away from those high heels, which will throw you off balance and affect your setup, especially if you don’t normally wear them.
• Practice your audition in the clothes that you plan on wearing.
For more information on MusicFunTime Classes, Music Lessons, Music Tips, Musical Instrument Rentals/Sales, Pearl Flutes and Pearl Flute Sales, visit us at http://www.Music2Master.com or http://www.PearlFlutes.net or http://www.MusicFunTime.org call us at 952-924-4141.